Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Traveling

Hey y'all!! I have recently gotten back from a business trip and thought it would be a good idea to document how to keep a healthy lifestyle while traveling! Let's all be honest we all usually splurge while vacationing but I wouldn't classify business travel as vacation. ;) anyways since I wanted to try and eat healthy and workout while I was gone I stuck to a few tips below:

1. Pack some NUTRITIOUS bars in your purse! I'm not talking candy bars but healthy organic bars you can snack on instead of grabbing McDonalds! This definitely helped me because I was starving waiting for my first flight and this curbed my appetite for sure! I also had no extra time to grab breakfast my first day in the office so having a bar in my purse put me at ease.

2. Drink butt loads of water! Traveling can easily be a time we forget to drink water but it's so important to stay hydrated while your out all day!

3. Pack workout gear!!!! 95% of hotels have some type of workout area in them so why not take advantage and use it?? I did some Tabatas on the treadmill and then abs in my room! I also packed a resistance band so I could do some strengthening exercises while catching up on reality tv! 

4. Store instead of fast food! I would wake up and run to the store for food for the day instead of grabbing fast food for each meal- both take the same amout of time but one makes you feel a whole lot better!! 

5. Take probiotics! It's no secret that traveling can be an easy way to catch some type of bug! Ask my husband... he unfortunately caught the stomach bug on a recent trip! I made sure to take probiotics daily before I left in hopes to help keep bugs at bay! I'll write a separate post on probiotics! 

I hope this helps for the next time you travel! But if it's for vacay cheat meals are totally acceptable ;) 

Bands: dickssportinggoods.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS