Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pinterest Win-Mississippi Roast

Many of us are hooked on Pinterest.  There's something fun about sharing ideas, having a way to "pin" them to a digital board for future referral, and find inspiration in other people's creations.  

I've tried MANY Pinterest ideas, as most of us have, and found that some were a complete win and others a fail.  I've decided to share my "wins" and how I altered some of them to create something slightly different.  

This first WIN is a Mississippi roast.  I was drawn to the recipe because of the few ingredients, the fact that it was a convenient crockpot meal, and like most of my food pins…it looked delicious at the time, and sounded great for fall weather!

Following the link from Pinterest, the roast was on Table For Two's blog.  
Find the complete recipe here, and let her know how it turns out!!

The only thing I did differently, was the cut of meat that I used.  I couldn't find a 3 pound chuck roast, so I used a 2.15 pound rump roast.  It turned out delicious, with a lot of extra juices in the crock pot.  I served this over mashed potatoes and drizzled the extra juices over as gravy.

My version!


Thanks Table For Two for sharing such a delicious, and easy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS