Friday, September 5, 2014

Fried lemon Dover Sole

I'm one of those people that LOVES seafood…as long as it doesn't taste too fishy.  I like to marinade, drench, and fry my fish to mask that possible fishy flavor.  I know the fishy taste depends on the freshness and variety of fish, but just to be safe…I'll add more sauce ;o)

One of my favorite fish to eat is Dover Sole.  My mom introduced me to this recipe, and I loved its creamy buttery taste and texture! Over the past couple years I've altered a few things for my own taste preferences.



Ingredients:

1-1.5 Pounds of fresh Dover Sole (it's a white meat fish, thinly filleted)
~1.5 Cups flour
~3 eggs
~1 Cup regular breadcrumbs
~1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
~1 Tbsp lemon pepper
~1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
Olive Oil (or vegetable oil)
~ 4 Tbsp butter
1 Lemon


Let's Cook!

1. Place flour in a bowl large enough for the fish.  Crack the eggs into their own bowl large enough for the fish and mix them with a splash of water or milk.  Add the Panko and regular breadcrumbs to a third bowl, mixing them with the lemon pepper and garlic powder.

2. Place oil in frying pan, covering the bottom about 1/4 inch.  Turn to medium-medium/high heat (you may need to experiment with the temperature of your stove.

3.  Take each fillet and cover with flour, then egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture.  Drop into frying pan and fry about 2 min on each side or until golden brown.  This fish is very delicate and flakes easily, so pull it out carefully.  Repeat these steps for each fillet, setting aside on a pan or plate.  

4.  Melt butter in a bowl and squeeze lemon into the butter (half or whole, depends on your liking).  Brush each fillet with the butter/lemon mixture.

5. Tips: If you aren't going to eat the fish right away keep warm in oven.  Heat oven to lowest heat, that's usually around 170 degrees.  Cover plate of fish with foil to keep from drying out in the oven.  I typically serve this with a pesto pasta and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS