Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Workout Series- Part 1

We thought it would be fun to create a Workout Series highlighting different workouts we've tried together and separate. Working out is important to both of us (although to be honest Alex is way more dedicated than me) ;) Today I wanted to start with giving you some at home workouts that require no gym membership. At the moment me and my husband don't have a gym membership which requires us to be creative when it comes to getting a workout in. I actually like this better because going to the gym every day is not particularly my thing...

Here are some At Home Workout Ideas that are under 30 mins.

1. Jillian Michaels Yoga- You can find this DVD on Amazon or any Target/Wal-Mart I'm sure. I love this workout because it goes so fast! There are some Yoga workouts that literally make me fall asleep or i'm constantly looking at the clock. Don't get me wrong I sort of love Yoga but sometimes I just want something a little quicker and makes me sweat. You can also find this workout on YouTube for free. Just so ya know ;)
2. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred- This is another quick awesome workout! You get a full body workout in 30 minutes and it definitely makes you sweat. There are 3 levels so if you're just starting out you can choose Level 1 and work your way up. It's nice having 3 levels because you can see the improvement in your abilities!
3. tabata- Clearly I am a huge fan of Tabata workouts as I've mentioned them a million times by now. But, in all seriousness this is by far my favorite because I see results and it goes so fast! Here is a typical Tabata Workout for me:
1st Tabata (again it's 8 rounds, 20 seconds with a 10 second break)- Sprints on the treadmill, track or outside
2nd Tabata- Sprints
3rd Tabata- Sprints
1 Tabata- Mix push ups and abs
Stretch
Done. Rockstar. You did it!
4. HIIT workout. These have become very popular and after looking at so many different ones I've come to the conclusion you can pretty much make up anything as long as you get your sweat on. Maybe I'm wrong, but here's what I've done in the past and felt like I've gotten a good workout in.
25 squats
25 lunges (alternating legs)
25 burpees
10 push ups
25 abs
25 mountain climbers
**REST**
Repeat for at least 3 rounds.

*I'm no fitness certified expert, I'm just sharing fitness exercises I've tried and like*

That's it for Part 1. Next post will be from Alex. She's a dedicated rock star. I'm a wanna-be rock star ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS