Friday, July 25, 2014

The Wild Animal Sanctuary



On Monday I visited The Wild Animal Sanctuary with my mom and grandma.  This was my first visit, and I was very impressed!  

Only about an hour or so from my home in Littleton, the sanctuary houses Tigers, Lions, Bears, Wolves and other carnivorous animals.  It is the oldest and largest non-profit sanctuary dedicated to these animals.  Visitors view these beauties from a up above on a long walkway.  Because visitors are viewing from above, the animals aren't as aware and feel less threatened, therefore roam a little more freely.




I was so impressed by the amount of space these animals have to roam and explore.  It is nothing like a zoo with small cramped exhibits.  

As I mentioned earlier, the sanctuary is non-profit.  This means they LOVE visitors!  The money they make from visitors goes towards caring for the facility and animals already at the sanctuary, as well as help them take in more animals in the future.  If you're looking for something new and fun to do in Colorado, and a way to support a good cause, go visit the sanctuary!!




Sleepy & Hot!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS