Saturday, July 26, 2014

DIY: Mini desk

Last year, about this time, I was on a hunt for a small desk to put in a little "nook" in our guest room.  I was feeling overwhelmed with school and needed my own space in our tiny home to do homework.  I hunted for days on Craigslist for something, and was willing to get my hands dirty in order to make something old look new!  

Randomly, this little gem appeared outside our neighbors home with a giant FREE sign on it.  It was exactly what I'd been hunting for!
Drawer not pictured.  The desk was dirty and scuffed.

With a little TLC, I knew I could make this into something I loved!
My mom told me about this GREAT paint.  It's Annie Sloan chalk paint.  No, it's not that other awesome paint used to make your own chalk boards.  This stuff is so amazing because it does not require any sanding and priming! All I did was clean off the desk, lightly sanded a few areas that were uneven, and then painted!  It took hardly any time at all, and was ready to use by the next day.


For the drawer, I wanted to add a pop of color.  I chose a robins egg blue spray paint.  

Then I chose a very inexpensive nob with character to replace the old wood nobs.



Here is the final product!





I plan on using the same colors on the remaining furniture in this guest room, but I've been putting it off since we'll likely be moving in the next year and I'm not sure if all the furniture will be in the same room together.  BUT, this paint is so easy, I guess I could just repaint ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS