Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Break Time!

Now that it's summer break I suppose I should use this extra time to blog a little more.  I love writing down what's been going on in life, and in my brain!

The last few weeks of school were jam packed with to-do's and a lot of emotional moments.  I didn't think I would get as attached to my kiddos as much as I did, since I only had them for half a year.  BUT, of course I did.  They are a wonderful group of kids and I wish I had them for a whole school year.  
One of my teammates gave me the idea to do this for each of my students as an end of the year gift.  They each sat in front of the board and the other kiddos wrote nice things about the person of the moment.  They didn't get to see what others said until the received the photo the last day of school.  They all wanted to do one for me too, so this is it!

I learned SO much between student teaching at the start of the year, and taking on my own class for the second half.  I made mistakes, had epiphanies, cried, laughed and hopefully became a little bit of a better teacher.  
I look forward to a new year in the fall, starting fresh with a new group of kiddos, right from the beginning!




I'm devoting this summer to wedding planning, getting back into a healthier life style, and spending time with the little ones that I watched before I started teaching.  

I can't decide how much of the wedding details I want to disclose on the blog before the wedding.  I want our guests to wait to enjoy the final event with me and Nick!  Our goal is to get majority of the wedding planned this summer, so during the school year I don't have much to think about.  

Let's see, what have we accomplished so far?  

We have a venue and a date!
We visited about 10-15 venues before making our final decision.  The location we decided on is not what I ever pictured for my future wedding (probably because I didn't know anything like it existed in Colorado).  I always said I wanted to get married in a meadow, but instead we are getting married someplace a little less expected and with incredible views of Colorado.  It was a toss up between the chosen location and one in Estes Park, but it came down to the proximity to our lives and those closest to us in Colorado.  It seemed stressful and expensive to have a destination wedding in our own state.  Here are a few "sneak peak" photos of our venue.  If you've been venue shopping, or know the area, you can probably guess where this is!!





I have a wedding dress!
I made appointments to try on dresses with some of the women closest to me the first Saturday after the school year ended (I was eager).  We had a fun day of trying on dresses, lunch and girl time.  Our first visit was to The Green Bride, in Downtown Littleton.  This store is very unique.  They sell new and used gowns and a portion of gown purchases goes towards supporting Dalit Freedom Network to help free young girls and women out of human trafficking.  While Karen was incredibly sweet to work with, and I found a gown that I ALMOST went back for, I didn't find my gown there.
Jessica & Katie helping me hunt!

Our next stop was Blue Bridal Boutique in Denver.  I had a wonderful experience and service at Blue Bridal, and narrowed it down to two gowns I liked.  But still, neither of the dresses made me giddy enough to buy.

I finally did what I didn't really want to do, and went to David's Bridal the following Monday…because they were having a clearance sale and I was determined to find a dress on mega sale.  After trying on a few dresses, I walked out in a style that I never imagined would look flattering on my short wasted figure.  The reaction from my mom, God mom, God sister and friend Katie were enough to sell me.  But when I saw myself I was a bit in shock.  I didn't cry or get overly expressive/emotional like I've always seen on Say Yes to the Dress, but I felt comfortable, classy, sexy, and my age!  
It's a winner, oh and Gramma approves too! ;o)


More wedding planning updates to come!

HAPPY SUMMER!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS