Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WHOLE30 COMPLETE!

Wow, I can honestly say I never thought I would be able to say these words but... I HAVE COMPLETED THE WHOLE30 program!!!!!! Today is day 31, and surprise I haven't cheated! haha... it's only 7:04am but honestly I really don't have a desire to eat anything bad. My journey has come full circle and I feel accomplished, healthy and on my way to a complete lifestyle change. 

I will briefly break down my journey by week and again if you are interested in doing the program definitely check out the website! 

*pictures from pinterest.com


Yep, this about sums it up. I really wouldn't need to write anything else! ;)

Week 1-2

I felt exactly like the picture above. My body couldn't decide if it wanted to cry, be angry, be alone, eat a jar of butter, fall flat into a box of donuts and every emotion in between. I don't say that to scare anyone, I say that to show food has a powerful hold over you and you don't realize it until you take those foods away! Overall the first two weeks were no bueno for me. 

Week 3

I started to have an increase an energy but still struggled a bit with digestive issues. I can say I never had a stomach ache like I always used to, I think it was more my body was getting used to digesting such dense foods. This was the week I started having CRAZY dreams. Like I would be eating a piece of bread with jelly on it and wake up freaking out! phewww. only a dream! ;) This happened a lot! Some days I would still struggle with energy but the biggest change was my emotions! I saw such a change in how I felt, like a fog had lifted and I was back to being "normal feeling!"

Week 4

Easy peasy. Cravings pretty much subsided (ok, minus Easter. I was pretty bitter that I couldn't eat my Easter candy). But... besides that cravings have pretty much gone. I really look at food differently, energy has increased and I can tell slight changes in my body. I don't think I lost a ton of amount of weight thats noticeable but that honestly wasn't my goal. My overall goal was my get rid of the junk in my body and start bringing my body back to a state of healthy/normal/no stomach aches!

I am really happy and excited to have completed the program and I can't say enough good things about it!!! Give it a try. What are you waiting for? Is it hard-yes. But, it's worth it. 

Tips:
**Plan & Prep! These are probably some of the most important tips I can give you. I will say by Week 4 the thought of cutting veggies or cooking food was reallllllly starting to weigh on me. haha. I was over it. But... you just push through. 

**Grocery bill definitely increased. Were we eating out as much, no. But... our grocery bill definitely increased so make sure you are aware of this. Huge difference, no. So, don't even think about using that as an excuse.

**This next tip is helpful but not necessary. Complete the program with a buddy. I can say having my husband do the program with me was so helpful! We held each other accountable and it was nice knowing we both could really only eat out at the same places and buy the same foods. Definitely a plus!

So, there you have it. My whole30 journey! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS