Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thankful




As the Thanksgiving season approaches I decided it would be a good time to write a post on being "Thankful." I know we are told daily to be thankful and grateful for what we have in our life, but I believe it takes special moments that really truly allow you to be thankful and grateful for your life. As I've started my new job I am faced almost daily with people's lives and situations, and it has given me an entirely new outlook and appreciation on life. I'm not just talking about clothes, cars, house...etc. I am talking a true and humbling gratefulfulness for my health, my legs, my arms, my family, my husband, my ability to take care of myself and the list could go on and on. These are all things i take for granite on a daily basis. I walk, talk, eat, breathe, live, socialize on a daily, minute by minute basis and don't even realize these are all privileges that many people live without. I'm frustrated if my iphone has less than 10% battery, as if my life will come crashing down without a phone for the day. I know- shallow right? Don't even pretend you haven't felt the same way. I'm not saying I have a perfect life, nor do I want a perfect life, because I know in those challenging moments I face the Lord teaches me things that are valuable, but I know I am blessed beyond measure and have far more than may people. If you have a roof over your head, the ability to eat out on a weekly basis, visit Starbucks far more than you should, shop for new clothes, browse Pinterest whenever you feel like it, talk or text on the phone without question and drive a car... BE THANKFUL. You are blessed. Beyond health and monetary things, I am grateful and thankful for the Lord. His grace, his mercy and his peace that passes all understanding. Without all these things I know the Lord is still my strength and comfort. I am just very thankful, and I hope you are too. Ponder these things, and take a moment to be thankful, grateful and appreciative. I know I definitely have these last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS