Thursday, September 4, 2014

Jessica's Fall Bucket List


With fall approaching quickly I have to say I am sentimentally over summer and dying for Fall!! Every year when fall approaches and I can smell the crisp air (that makes no sense but I like it) and wear a comfy sweatshirt I welcome fall with open arms! Honestly, if I could hug fall I would. And it just so happens I still have my fall wreath on my front door.... from last year. (Don't judge) Anyways, with my favorite season approaching I put together my Fall Bucket List because I'm hoping if I write it down it will actually happen. So, here I go! :)
1. Pumpkin Patch- I love going to the pumpkin patch in the Fall. That to me is the definition of fall. Cool weather, pumpkins, apple cider, face painting, veggies...etc. I went to a Pumpkin Patch/Farm last year and it was amazing. Not the one highlighted here, but it had face painting, animals, a fresh market, roasted chilis, hay ride...etc. I loved every minute of it! This is definitely #1 on my list. I told my husband last night and he was... thrilled. ;)
2. Farmers Market- We go to the farmers market quite often over the summer but my favorite time to go is fall. I love walking around, trying food samples ( I mean let's be honest, that's the main reason I go) ;) and stocking up on fresh produce! There are farmers markets everywhere- so check your local area! The one we go to is open till November!
3. Air Force Academy- Don't ask me why but going to an Air force Football game has been something I have always wanted to do! Maybe because Colorado Springs is my favorite city in Colorado and so going to a college game sounds like a blast and a half! :)
4. Drink gallons of pumpkin spice lattes- because why not? It's fall.
5. Decorate/carve pumpkins. I really want to paint pumpkins instead of carve this year because carving is hard and messy. and that's not my thing.
(Pic from Pinterest)

6. Wear leggings 7x/week ;)
7. Lose 10 pounds so I don't feel bad about the 100 batches of baked goodies I'll be making. Fall Trail Mix, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, macaroons, pumpkin pie... and the list goes on. Martha Stewart would be proud. (I'll post recipes to all in a later post)
8. Go on long walks. I love walking in the fall. I love hearing the leaves crunch under my feet and once again smelling the crisp air. It's simply the best.
(Pic from Pinterest)

For some reason fall reminds me to slow down a bit. Summer is always sooo busy that when fall hits I'm reminded to just take a breath. What's on your Fall Bucket List??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS