Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cleanse Recap

Today I wanted to recap how my 3day Suja Juice Cleanse went. I tried to document each day while I was going through the cleanse so you could know exactly how I felt and then how I felt after as well. Let me also point out that on this cleanse if you really fall in love with one or two of the "mini meals" you can continue to eat those through Day 2 and 3.

Monday:
Day 1 of the cleanse. I woke up and drank the "Spicy Lemonade" and surprisingly wasn't hungry for breakfast for another 1 1/2 hours! I then ate my "Raw Oatmeal" and it was pretty good! I put a little stevia and it was very filling! I then wasn't hungry for my 2nd juice until about 12:45. I was hungry for lunch but was not a fan of the White Bean Salad. I'm not gonna lie I pretty much gagged my way through lunch. Obviously that was a total bummer but again it satisfied my hunger. **I have to note I was pleasantly surprised I was not that hungry between meals, as I thought I would be starving!!** By Drink #3 and dinner I was hungry but not starving. I did eat the White Bean Salad again but put a little Balsamic Vinagarette on it and it was MUCH better! Actually pretty delicious! I didn't have much energy this day so I opted out of working out.

Tuesday:
Day 2 of the cleanse. I woke up BEFORE my alarm. People, this is called a miracle. A true real life miracle. I was awake, had energy, got ready for the day, made the bed, cleaned up our room, made my husband breakfast, packed his lunch, picked up the living room, wiped down the counters and ate my vitamin. ALL BEFORE 7:30AM. I don't know if it's all "mental" because I know I'm cleansing but I really do have to say I felt very alert and had energy this day. Again, drank the spicy lemonade on the way to work and ate breakfast about an hour later. For lunch it was a little different today because I went out to eat- so I stuck with a salad and requested my own toppings. I did put broccoli on there which is probably not on the mini meal plan and definitely was bloated after! I then drank my green juice and lots and lots of water. I hit a little afternoon slump because I was sooo hungry for lunch! Energy picked back up after lunch and my green juice. For dinner I had the black bean salad and then drank the Vanilla Nut drink. I have to admit this one is not my favorite drink, but I get through it. I definitely had more energy this day but.... (just keepin it real here people) I was definitely WAYYY gassy this day. I mean to the point of thinking something was wrong with me. I guess that's what a cleanse does for ya!

Wednesday:
Day 3. The final day of the cleanse. I was pretty tired waking up this day. I drank the spicy lemonade which has definitely become my favorite and I love starting my mornings with this drink. I ate the Raw Granola on this morning and it was delicious! Make sure you check out their Recipes because a lot of them are really good! I tried to get in a couple walks throughout the day but in all honestly I just have not been in the mood to workout at all during this cleanse. Lunch was the black bean salad w/ mango (bomb diggity) and the greens juice. Before dinner I had the vanilla but juice- again not my fav and salad for dinner!

Overall it was a great experience and fairly easy!! I would definitely recommend this cleanse if you're looking for something to jump start eating healthy!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS