Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Health & Fitness 2015

Wow! Can you believe we're almost 1/2 way through January already?! Time goes so fast I can barely keep up!! The first half of January was a little rough... never say "Oh, we haven't gotten sick in so long..." Because before the words can leave your mouth you will inevitably get sick. Both me and my husband got the dreaded flu and it was awful. Like truly awful. But... back on the mend and I am ready to tackle my 2015 goals. I'm not gonna lie, I have really thought long and hard about this post because I 1. Have a tendency to go wayyy overboard and then fail to meet my goals and then feel defeated 2. I do not want to obsess over health/fitness this year but incorporate a balance in my life 3. I was feeling lazy. Don't judge.

Ok, now that I have confessed my blogging dilemmas I am here to spell out my 2015 health & fitness goals and hope you join me! :)

(All pictures from Pinterest)


1. Remember that obsession is bad one way or the other. This is key for me this year because I tend to be the typical girl who will OBSESS over every single bite, every single workout and to me that is the complete opposite of healthy. BALANCE is my #1 goal this year. It's ok to eat a piece of cake and it's also ok to strive for a fitness goal. Everything in moderation.

2. Run a 1/2 marathon. I have only done one and I swore I would never do it again. But, here I am a glutton for punishment. I miss having a fitness goal, something to strive and train for. Without a goal I tend to slack on my workouts. So, here I am vowing to run a 1/2 marathon this year. I mean... I have 11 more months, I'm sure I can find the time ;)

3. Complete Whole30. Now, for those who know me are probably laughing at this right now because I have honest to goodness started and stopped whole30 at least 4 times. hahaha. But... I am vowing to myself to complete once because... well gosh darn so many people have done it so why can't I!?! I want to complete it for health purposes. Reset my body and also to feel the accomplishment. When I will start... not sure? But I will and I will update you on my progress.

Honestly, that's it. Those are my 3 goals and I feel good about them. I could sit here and say I'm going to not eat sweets, workout 5x/week, stay away from chips but in all honestly that would last all of about 3 days. Not even. I don't want to put restrictions on myself because that feeds into the mentality  of obsession. 

What are your 2015 health & fitness goals??


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS