Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Smells like Fall

Happy Tuesday!!! Did anyone else notice that it is starting to smell like fall?? I am absolutely LOVING it!! I am a little sad that summer is over because I thought this was such an amazing summer! Well... as amazing as working full time can get ;) I really enjoyed the warm weather, long summer days and lounging by the pool! But... I am always happy to welcome in fall! Fall is probably my favorite season. The crisp feeling in the air, pumpkin spice lattes, scarfs, sweaters and the list goes on! I do have to admit one of my favorite things about fall is... FOOTBALL SEASON!!! This girl LOVES her Broncos!!! With fall also comes this feeling of responsibility to cook and bake more. I mean who doesn't want to gain 10 pounds from October-January?! ;) With that said home girl needs some major recipe inspiration so I am hoping you will leave a comment with some yummy fall *EASY* recipes!!! Here are a list of some of my fav fall recipes!

Homemade Chili
1 Onion
1 LB Hamburger (preferably organic)
2 cans each: Kidney Beans, Black Beans & Pinto Beans
Lg Can of Whole Tomatos
1 Small Can of Whole Tomatos
Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic, Paprika
(all to taste)

Cut Onion & Cook with Hamburger
While that is cooking pour both cans of tomatos in the blender and mix up until chunky
Drain all cans of beans and rinse well

Once the hamburger/onion is cooked pour in tomatos, beans and season heavily. I do all the seasoning to taste, so you may have to add more as time goes on. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for however long, or throw into the crock pot on low! VOILA- dinner is served!

Semi-homemade Minestrone Soup
2 cans of Progresso Minestrone Soup
1 lb. hamburger or turkey
1 onion
1 can of Rotel
1 can of Italian cut green beans
1 can of Pinto Beans

Cook the hamburger & onion
Once cooked throw everything in and bring to a boil
Put on low and let cook for however long
*I prefer to drain the green beans & pinto beans, but that's up to you
EAT UP & ENJOY!

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
1 Rotisserie Chicken
2-3 Carrots
1 Onion
2-3 Pieces of Celery
Salt & Pepper to taste
1-2 32oz chicken broth
Noodles of your choice
Olive Oil

Tear up the rotisserie chicken into small pieces
Cut the carrots, celery & onion
Toss into pot with olive oil, salt, pepper
When tender put in the rotisserie chicken & chicken broth
Taste & season the way you like

*I usually cook my noodles separately and then throw into the soup, or you can throw the noodles into the soup and let cook*

Let cook for 20-30 mins on low.

I hope these have inspired you to welcome in fall!! If you have any favorite fall recipes/soups let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS